Cortana has received some amazing abilities from Windows 10 Anniversary Update and amongst loads of abilities it has one is to send as well as receive SMS text messages from an Android or Windows Phone. Now with just efw simple clicks of mouse your personal assistant will send SMS fro you. SMS will be sent with your voice as well. But before sending or receiving messages you need to set it up. You can also learn about How to Setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition. For sending SMS from your Windows 10 you are required to follow these simple steps.
Setup on Android:
- 1st of all you are required to download Cortana for Android from Google Play Store into your phone.
- Now you will notice a hamburger menu located at the top-right corner. You are required to tap it.
- After click in on Hamburger menu you need to select the Settings.
- Now you are required to select Sync Notifications.
- In the Sync Notification menu you are required to turn ON Missed Call notifications, Incoming message notifications and App notifications sync.
Setting Up Windows Phone:
For setting it up on Windows Phone you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required click Settings in Cortana.
- Now in the next step you are required to turn ON Send notification between devices.
Sending an SMS:
- Now we come to the real business i.e. sending SMS and for that you need to follow these steps.
- First of all you are required to click on Cortana.
- Now either sat Text (NAME) or type SMS(NAME) in order to start sending the messages. (You can send to people which are in your contact list in Windows 10.)
- Now you need to dictate or type the message which you are require to send.
- Say “Send” or click “Send” in order to send your messages.
- With these very simple steps you can easily send SMS to anyone in the contact list easily.