Windows 10 has got a limited number of fonts and some of the graphics applications comes up with their own typefaces but now if you want to make your artwork as well as documents stand out you are required to add some of your own fonts. You can also learn about How to Create a Detailed Battery Report in Windows 10.
Finding a Font:
Windows 10 works with three major font formats which are TrueType, OpenType and PostScript. Though there are lots of websites offering the fonts but the best one is Google Fonts as it has got loads of free type faces.
Installing a Font:
For installing a font you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to download your fonts and then save them to a folder on the hard disk of your computer. Unzip the file if it comes in .zip file.
- Now you need to type “fonts” into the Cortana search box.
- Now you need to click on the Fonts control panel icon which will appear in the result list.
- Now you will notice that a control panel window which is filled with fonts will appear.
- Now you need to open the folder where you have saved your uninstalled fonts. If the fonts are saved in Downloads folder then you can get there very easily by pressing Windows+E for opening the Explorer and then selecting the Downloads from the left menu.
- Now you need to drag the fonts into the control panel fonts window. The folders can not be dragged you can only drag the fonts only.
Deleting the Fonts:
In order to delete the fonts you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open the Fonts window and you can get there by typing “fonts” into Windows search box and selecting “Fonts: control panel.”
- Now you need to select the font or font family which you wish to delete.
- Now hit the delete key.
- Click Yes when prompted with a warning.