MS PowerPoint 2016 offers various different ways of formatting pictures into your slide show. MS PowerPoint has got Picture Tool for making it easy to edit the image in some very innovative ways. MS PowerPoint will let you change the picture style and shape, crop as well as compress pictures, add border as well as add artistic effects. You can also download Inserting Pictures in MS PowerPoint 2016.
Cropping an Image
Cropping an image means removing an unwanted portion from your image. Cropping comes in handy when you want to emphasize on a specific portion of the image. For cropping you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the image which you want to crop the you will notice that a Format tab appears.
- Now on the Format tab you need to click the Crop command.
- Cropping handles will appear around the image and now you need to click and drag one of the handles for cropping the image.
- Make sure that the mouse is right over the black cropping handle so that you don’t select the resizing handle accidentally.
- Now you need to click on the Crop command once again and the image will be cropped.
- Crop an Image to a Shape:
- Select the image which you want to crop and then click the Format tab.
- Now click the crop drop-down arrow and hover the mouse over Crop to Shape, then select the desired shape from drop-down menu that appears.
- The image will appear formatted as the shape.
Adding a Border to an Image:
- Select the image which you need to add a border to and then click the Format tab.
- Now click the Picture Border command and you will notice that a drop-down menu will appear.
- Now you can select a color, weight of the border and select whether the border line is dashed.
- Now with these steps you will see a border will appear around the image.