Windows 10 has got a built-in and hidden battery report tool that can tell you almost everything which h you require to know about your laptop battery including your battery life estimate as well as it’s capacity overtime. You can use powercfg command to better understand the health of your battery and enhance the battery life of your computer. We will use the command prompt for generating an HTML battery report for your computer. You can also learn about How to Change Edge Browser’s Search Engine to Google.
- 1st of all hit Windows Button+X and select Command Prompt (Admin). This is the fastest way to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Now in the next step you need to type in powercfg /batteryreport and then press Enter.
- Now this command will create a battery report under C:\WINDOWS\system32\battery-report.html or in the Windows versions older than Windows 10 under C:\Users\[Username].
- Now you need to open the battery report HTML file to view it. The report will give you more information about the batteries in your system and how they have been used over time.
- The most usefulness of most people is the battery life estimates how long you can expect your battery to last based on the actual usage and how long it is changed since you 1st installed the OS.
- Other reports sections like Usage history and capacity of battery can help you check the health of your laptop’s battery. Now if you want more details about your battery than you need to remember this trick as it will tell you more compared to the getting information from the battery icon in the taskbar.