If you have Windows 10 installe din your system and one day you turn it ON and you are greeted with the error code 0x0000034, “The Boot Configuration Data file is missing.” Don’t panic as your data will be saved and you can get all of it back but for that you need to perform following task. You need to have a DVD or USB stick that contains Windows installation media.You can also learn about How to Send SMS in Windows 10.
Now for fixing the Boot Configuration Data File is Missing error you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to insert your installation media into your computer.
- Now you need to boot the media and press F12 during the bootup on Dell fixed up to reach this menu. These can differ by depending on your laptop’s model and make.
- Now you are required to click Next on the Windows Setup menu.
- Now you need to click “Repair your computer.”
- In the next step you are required to select Troubleshoot.
- Now select Advanced options.
- Now pick “Command Prompt.”
- Now you need to type Bootrec /fixmbr and the press the Enter key.
- In the next step you need to type Bootrec /fixboot and the press the Enter key.
- Now type Bootrec /scanos and then press Enter.
- In the next step you are required to type Bootrec /rebuildbcd and press Enter.
- Now type “A” for adding the installation to the boot list and hit Enter.
- Now Exit the command prompt with the X button located on the top of the screen.
- Now you need to click “Continue” to go to your desktop.